The Toyota Public Charging Network is a subscription-based service that is designed to enhance the ownership experience for drivers of Toyota’s all-electric and plug-in hybrid models. Simply put, it offers owners of the following vehicles direct access to multiple charge points across the UK and Europe:
Public Charging Network: access all areas
Integrated into the MyT connected services app, the Toyota Public Charging Network is linked to Europe’s largest network of more than 150,000 public charging stations. As well as allowing owners to quickly locate participating charging stations throughout Europe, the service provides information on each station’s immediate availability, charging speed and price per kWh.
By using this network, owners benefit from a convenient charging solution that requires just one contract and a single charging card. This means it is possible to hook up to participating charging stations in different countries without the need for a selection of cards and contracts with other providers. Payment is made via a single monthly invoice.
MyT: advanced connectivity
The MyT app gives owners remote control of a number of key vehicle functions. For example, it is possible to activate the vehicle’s air conditioning system and tune the cabin climate before getting behind the wheel. Further controls allow owners to gauge how long it will take before the battery is fully charged, and to create a schedule that will only commence charging when energy prices are low.
Alongside EV-related tasks, MyT also includes the following useful features:
- Find My Car – locates and guides the driver back to their Toyota
- Share To Car – enables the driver to plan a route on another device and send it to their Toyota
- Car To Door – guides the owner on foot to their final destination once they are parked
- Driving Analytics – lets the owner track journeys, driving style, and highlight business trips
- Service and Maintenance – helps the owner manage the care of their Toyota
- Warning Lights – reveals the meaning of any warning lights displayed in the dashboard and explains any action that should be taken
Public Charging Network: free introductory period
Access to Toyota’s Public Charging Network is free for the first six months for the bZ4X, Proace City Electric and Proace Electric. For the RAV4 Plug-in it is free for the first month. After these introductory periods the cost is £4.95 per month.
Learn more: Five ways MyT can improve your Toyota experience