By most accounts the Government scrappage scheme, worth £2,000 to the owner of a car ten years old or older, has been a great success. The scheme is generally credited with reinvigorating vehicle sales in the UK in the second half of 2009.
However, owners of slightly younger cars have missed out on these discounts, which has prompted Toyota to introduce their own scheme. If you have a W, X, Y, 51, 02 or 52 registered car, you still have the chance to claim £2,000 off a new Toyota Yaris, Auris, Verso or Avensis under the terms of ‘Toyota Swappage’.
Here’s how you qualify:
– Was your car or small commercial van first registered in the UK between 1st March 2000 and 28th February 2003?
– Have you been the registered keeper (owner) of the vehicle continuously for at least the last 12 months?
– Does your vehicle have a current MOT certificate?
– Is your vehicle road-taxed and insured?
– Do you have a UK address?
If you answer ‘yes’ to all these questions, then you qualify for the discount. Just visit your chosen Toyota Centre with the relevant paperwork and pick your new vehicle.
So if you can’t scrap – then maybe you could swap. Check out Toyota.co.uk for full details of the scheme and the qualifying vehicles. If your car is ten years old or older, details of Toyota’s Scrappage Scheme can be found here.